Thursday, December 1, 2016

School Days

Home school days: Full. Busy. Messy. Creative. Hands-on. Interactive. And almost always enjoyable. True, there are the moments of "I can't do this!" from all of us, but that's the exception and not the norm.
The school year is almost half over and I'm amazed at all we've covered thus far. From field trips to science experiments to independent research to thousands of pages read.

Worksheets? Not so much fun for my crew. Independent reading and exploring? Always a win.
It seems the days are slipping by and calendar pages are turning faster than I can remember to snap pictures to capture moments and document our progress. But, when I look through notebooks and ask review questions, I'm left feeling confident they are learning things. Each at their own pace and in their own way.
And that is the beauty of homeschooling. The unique learning process and the meaningful relationships.
My house may be turned upside down, my time isn't my own, and my personal space doesn't exist. But this beautiful season of learning, growing, and discovering together is, without question, worth it.
Each week we meet with several other families for a full day of cooperative learning. We share resources and insights, each mom using her experiences and interests to help teach.

It's a lot of work combined with a lot of awesome.
The following are a few pics captured by phone during different co-ops this year. Small glimpses into learning alongside friends and with the creativity of other moms.
Art projects, science dissections, history dioramas, English essays, cooking classes, and the all time favorite, lunch and recess with friends.
Sit back, get comfy, and enjoy the next handful (armful?) of pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment