Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Like Long, Summer, Holiday Weekends

I like weekends. I really like long holiday weekends. And I really, really like long holiday weekends with two days of added vacation time to extend the fun.
I like the simple pleasures of holidays. Simple things like unexpected cards in the mail. Or cupcakes. Or sparklers.
I like to see my kids smile and anticipate what's to come. The snap and pop and burst of a firecracker. The suspense in a late night movie. The excitement of being with friends.
I like to see my husband delight in his family. Football and soccer with his boys. Swimming with his little girl. Quiet morning breaks for his wife.
I like to see myself unwind. Mornings to sleep in. Friends that make me laugh. Help at home and help with the kids. Places to be and things to do - but at no particular time and in no particular order.
I like to enjoy full days, but calm days. Days with rafting and swimming and kayaking. Days with sports at the park and games at the kitchen table. Days with productivity on home projects and evenings of relaxing.
I like to experience summer. The smell of the grill. The flash of fireflies. The hum of the lawnmower. The happy sigh when the sun dips and the temperature lessens and conversation with my man happens on the back porch.
 I like weekends. Long, summer, holiday weekends.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. of what you state in this article. Your information is thought-provoking, interesting and well-written. Thank you.

    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete