Friday, September 30, 2011

The Simple Things

1. Simply romantic. A card in the mail - from my husband. A night away - planned entirely by my husband. Long and leisurely dinner, wonderful hotel and room service, quiet breakfast (... and then reality when we came home and three kids met us at the door).
2. Simply thoughtful. A Pumpkin Spice Latte - total surprise from a friend. Tuesday morning involved sad good-bye's to my parents and then I was off to Bible study. My friend, Juli, knowing it was likely a rough morning for me, thought to stop and pick up my favorite drink from Starbucks. 

3. Simply thankful. Annalyse had her one-year well-visit this week and she checked out great. Growing steadily, albeit on the small side, and hitting the important milestones in good timing. With five shots and two finger pricks, she wasn't smiling too much by the time we left. As I held her arms and watched her scream as the nurse handled the shots with lightening speed, I silently gave a thanks to modern medicine that's so readily available. Scores of children around the globe will never have the help of a Tylenol or band-aid, much less vaccinations. 

What about you - what Simple Things did you enjoy this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment