Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's a Wrap!

This past Sunday marked the end of summer with our College Group. End of the summer already?! Wow, May through August cruised by.

Tuesday was our last Bible study together for the summer as well. It's been so great getting together every Tuesday for the past few months to talk, pray, laugh... and eat. (Is it bad if one of my favorite parts was the eating?! Let me tell you, the girls in our group know how to bake well beyond anything Martha Stewart and Paula Dean can whip up!)


I had someone say to me the other day that "it must be nice knowing the summer is coming to a close so that your schedule can free up a little bit and you can enjoy Tuesday evenings at home now." I understood what she was saying - getting a sitter each week, eating an early dinner, sitting in traffic to drive across town, preparing a lesson/discussion each week, etc. is a lot of effort. But, honestly, I can think of no better way to spend a Tuesday evening! What TV show, shopping errand, or lazy night on the couch could possible trump a few hours talking about things that have eternal significance and doing so with a group of people who are the up and coming leaders to change our world?

Yeah, I think I'm going to miss Tuesday nights together.

We enjoyed an End of Summer BBQ and Pool Party a week ago... fun times for sure. Granted, I was a lousy water volleyball player, and granted my enormous belly wasn't something I was thrilled to show the group, but there was great food, fun games, and lots of laughs.







Grady and I consider Isaiah 26:8 a critical prayer for these students: "Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws; we wait patiently for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts."

1 comment:

  1. hi sarah, i sometimes read your blog (your mother in law gave me the address) and i wanted to say hi so im not just a silent stalker =) i enjoy and relate to your non-stop boy stories!! and i get excited thinking that i could start thinking pink soon too... although my gut tells me #3 is a boy...maybe just to play it safe =)

    ReplyDelete