- I carry a basket of laundry up the stairs and have to sit down when I reach the top because I'm out of breath.
- My toddler asks me why I'm "walking funny." Translation: Why are you waddling, Mom?
- My greatest desire right now is to wear a belt. And to sleep through the night. And to not make finding a restroom my number one priority wherever I go.
- I can't eat enough pizza or ice cream or baked goods. (Actually, that goes even when I'm not pregnant.) My innocent two-year old has even caught on that when the mixer starts up, he'll get a yummy lick if he comes running in time.
- I feel like my clothes are a rotating wardrobe of a few things I wear over and over and over.
Tired me listening to me complain? Just think, only 6 more weeks to go!
My boys made paper chains the other day so they can have a tangible countdown to their sister's arrival. They ask everyday if "it's Fall time and time for our sister to come out of your tummy yet?" My first instinct is to scream, "It's 99 degrees outside so NO, it's not Fall time!" but I manage to use self-control and calmly say, "No darling. It's not Fall time yet." (I might have clenched teeth, but my voice is still calm.)
I thought a visual of some sort would help them with the countdown. Each morning they rush into her room and rip off another link!