Friday, June 18, 2010

The Simple Things

Several Simple Things made my week great. Here are just a few:

1. After our Tuesday evening Bible study with our College Group, one of the girls approached me and offered to watch my boys for an evening or two so that Grady and I could go out. "It's the least I can do for all you guys do for us. Besides, I think your boys are a blast."

First of all, I had to stifle tears. How kind to offer to watch our boys for free! Second, the thinks my boys are a riot?! A lot of people can't keep up with their craziness, so it says volumes that she actually thinks they "are a blast."

2. My mom called the other day to let me know she found the "jackpot of all sales" and walked away with a "major load of darling pink things."

YES! My child will have things to wear after month three! As of now, I've accumulated several 0-3 month items, but beyond that, well, she's got some pretty slim pickings. Hooray for a Mom who found several darling and bargain-priced things!

3. I think the coolest Simple Thing this week is that Baby Girl has gained enough muscle strength to kick and make my belly move. It's been fun for Grady Lee to feel and sort of see his sister kick. Micah hasn't been around at the right time to feel it too, but he is still convinced that every time I breathe and my stomach moves it means "the sister is kicking hard, Mom!"

What about you - what Simple Thing(s) have you appreciated this week?

1 comment:

  1. L-O-V-E those baby kicks! And it's so fun when the older kids can feel them!
    Who wouldn't want to keep your precious kiddoes, they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete