Friday, May 7, 2010

The Simple Things

A couple of Simple Things made me smile this week.

1. My husband walked through the door on Monday evening with a bouquet of flowers. Random. No apparent reason. Just because. For me, that's a Simple Thing that creates a huge smile and a pretty kitchen counter.

2. I watched my boys and husband play together a few evenings this week. Countless times before I've seen it, but for some reason, this week I really appreciated it. When the boys have a question for Grady, he almost always bends down to get on their level. He talks to them eye-to-eye. I really admire this. My boys might only be two and three years old, but their daddy is making every effort to talk to them and not down to them. It's a Simple Thing, but a pretty important thing.

What about you? What Simple Thing touched you this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment