Friday, April 30, 2010

The Simple Things

I feel like I've had a lot of laundry to do lately. Oh wait, I always have a lot of laundry to do. But, I'll let a small secret out of the bag: laundry is my most favorite household chore. I don't like walking by a clothes basket and seeing dirty clothes, and I don't like seeing empty hangers spread throughout a closet.

As I was stain-treating two pair of toddler boy jeans, I looked up at my laundry room wall and smiled. My usually loud, sometimes obnoxious, and very often destructive little men do have a soft side. They love to do crafts. And, being that they're still young, their artwork still has innocence. (Translated: bunnies and butterflies and not guns and monsters.)


What about you - what Simple Thing makes some of your household chores easier to do?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your laundry room decor! The kids' artwork is SO cute! We often also display it on the walls of our garage.
    Hmmmm, I guess the simplest thing I have found that makes my chores easier is having a joyful heart & not a grumbling attitude while I work. The same applies when I have "helpers" who may not do the job "perfectly"...I have to let it go!
    Blessings sweet friend & hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is probably a dumb question, but what did you use to attach the kids' artwork to the wall?? I LOVE your laundry room and want to copy you :)

    ReplyDelete