Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Patriots Point

During our recent weekend away to Charleston, we spent a day at Patriots Point. 

It was an incredible visit. Our almost four hour visit was full, but we left with still more to see, watch, and read. While there, we were able to tour the USS Yorktown, the USS Laffey, the USS Clamagore, and the Vietnam Experience Exhibit.

A few points:

- The USS Laffey was our family favorite. An on-board movie and battle simulation made the tour come to life.

- The USS Clamagore was stifling. I can't possibly imagine spending weeks on end in a tight submarine like that. My kids thought it was fascinating; I couldn't wait to find the exit.

- Renting audio headsets for the USS Yorktown was helpful for detailed stories and behind the scenes information.

- Micah happened to be wearing his Patriots football jersey that day and was a walking hero. He was talked to and high-fived by so many people. Grady, wearing his Panthers jersey was entirely ignored!

We took a lot of pics and I'm sharing a big handful of them. No quips or quotes... just enjoy the pics. 
There is a lot about our history I'm not proud of. There is a lot about our government I detest. There is a lot about our current economic, political, and social status that is angering.

But.

I'm thankful for America. I'm thankful God chose me to be an earthly citizen here. I'm thankful for the freedoms I have. And I'm thankful for the MANY men and women who sacrificed everything to fight for those freedoms.

God bless America.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!! And why are our kids getting so big. I object!!

    ReplyDelete