Saturday, January 17, 2015

Precious To Me

Almost 14 years ago when I looked Grady in the eyes and said "I do" I didn't know if I'd have the joy of being a mom someday. 

Then, eight and a half years later when Grady Lee arrived, I didn't know if I'd ever get used to the weight of being a mom who feebly tries to point her son to Jesus.
And now, having been entrusted with four precious gifts, I recognize God's grace to give me abundantly more than I deserve... and I am fully aware how hopeless I am without his grace extended to me each day.
Being a mom is hard. Really hard. 

Being a mom is rewarding. Really rewarding. 
Being a mom refines my Christian character because it gives me a choice, several times each day, to choose who I am going to serve and how I am going to love. That's life-changing. Fully and completely life-changing.
"Now therefore fear the LORD and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served...and serve the LORD. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the LORD, choose this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment