Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Happy 7th Birthday Micah!

It's been a couple of weeks (already), but my Micah Man turned a whopping SEVEN. He is hands-down, without a question, beyond the shadow of a doubt, a 100 percent all-American boy.

Always loud and often rough. Constantly moving and usually with a ball. Enjoying the woods and dirt and making forts. Playing war games and shooting guns. Wishing hot dogs and ice cream were a category of their own in the food pyramid.

But he's also a smart, negotiating, insightful guy with the ability to communicate beyond his years. He's a best friend to his big brother, a patient helper with his little sister, and a great entertainer for his little brother.
I sat down with Micah to ask him some serious life questions after turning seven. Here is some of what he had to share...

What do you think you'll like best about being seven?
I don't really know. Nothing is different yet.

What is something super cool you want to do this year?
Go to Sky High and Carowinds. (He does dream big, doesn't he?)
What is something you want to learn to do this year?
How to make tacos by myself.

Tell me what is great about being a big brother. 
(Blank stare.)

If you could choose, tell me what you'd eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day for a week.
I'm going to go with hot dogs. (Just a moment while I VOMIT.)
If you never had to do a certain chore ever again in your life, what would it be?
Vacuuming.

If you had any amazing super-power ability, what would you want it to be and why?
I would want to be able to fly so I can go super high and then spy on people.

When you're an adult, what do you think you want to do or be for your profession?
Play football and be a Superbowl champion.
Do you think you will get married someday? Why or why now?
Right now I don't want to, but maybe when I'm older I might want to. I just think that when I'm older I might be pretty lonesome if I don't have someone with me. And I'd have to cook everything by myself.

How do you know your dad and mom love you?
Because they say so and because they hug me.

How do you know Jesus loves you?
Because he loves everyone and he died on the cross for my sins.

What is something you want to pray about this year to see how God answers?
Help with school, like taking my time and focusing. (Amen!)

Any final thoughts on turning seven?
Well, when I turn eight I get to move to the next level in Yes I Can Basketball, which means I'll get to play with the bigger kids. And my favorite thing about my birthday this year was that I had two different parties.

1 comment: