Sunday, September 8, 2013

One Month Into It

We've checked off 20 attendance boxes for this school year. When I told my boys we'd already completed a month they couldn't believe it. Neither could I. It's true: time flies when you're having fun!

What have you liked learning about the most?

Grady: I like reading Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Micah: My favorite field trip was exploring the park and the woods. My favorite is also learning Psalm 1 and also when we do science.
What have you liked learning about the least?

Grady: I don't like reading stories that just teach me how to read and don't have good adventures in them.

Micah: Um, penmanship. Because it's really hard and I have to redo a lot of it which makes it take a long time.

What do you want to learn about sometime soon?

Grady: I want to learn about caves.

Micah: I kind of want to learn about, something like, digging for fossils or learning about extinct animals. 
What is the hardest area for you to learn?

Grady: Subtraction is hard and I can't get it stuck in my mind without using my fingers.

Micah: I already told you that: penmanship.

What is the easiest area for you to learn?

Grady: Adding in math. I don't usually need to use my fingers or a number line.

Micah: Reading. Reading. Reading.

What's your favorite thing about learning at home?

Grady: I don't have to miss my family during the day.

Micah: I don't have to eat breakfast early and be in a big rush. Also, I only do schoolwork until about lunch time and then I'm done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment