Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lately

Disappointed. In people. In words. In actions. 

Frustrated. That it matters. That it hurts. That it gnaws.

Wondering. What I say. What I don't say. What I do. What I don't do.

Ever been there?
Determined. To seek truth. To decide well informed. To see things to completion.

Wondering. Where do I look? On what basis? On what authority?

Confident. God knows. God sees. God cares. God leads.

Ever been there?
Hopeful. For answers. For clarity. For resolution.

Prayerful. For conviction. For honesty. For openness.

Waiting. For answers. For decisions. For next steps.

Ever been there?
Remembering. Meditating. Praying.

James 1:19-20 "This you know, my beloved brethren. But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."

James 5:7-8 "Be patient, therefore, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains. You too be patient; strengthen your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand."

Galatians 6:9 "And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary."

3 comments:

  1. So encouraged by your post today, thank you for sharing! Have been every one of those "places" that you mentioned...just this week alone. And like you, I'm trusting. Praying. Practicing patience & praying some more!
    Hugs, friend! Thank you for being an encouragement, even in the midst of a trial/trials!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I'll just simply say "yes, I've definitely been there".
    Thanks for posting. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie and Kim: So glad to know I'm not "alone" and that together we find hope in the unchanging Hope!

    ReplyDelete