Monday, December 3, 2012

Your Choice

Knowing God: Intentional Pursuit

My [daughter], if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,

And if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as hidden treasure,

Then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.

For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. ~Proverbs 2:1-6
Following God: Active Obedience

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil...

Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops... ~Proverbs 3:5-9

Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. ~Proverbs 4:8
Contentment in Life: Contentment in God

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a [girl] who fears the LORD is to be praised. ~Proverbs 31:30

One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and ot seek him in his temple. ~Psalm 27: 4

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. ~Psalm 139:14
Annalyse, every action has a consequence. And so does every thought. Mom prays that early on you will begin to hear and obey the Words of God so that your actions and thoughts will honor Him. Knowing Him and following Him will offer joy that nothing else will. Your heart and spirit will radiate beauty like nothing the world can offer if you choose contentment in what He created you to be. I love you so much, but I know God loves you so much more.

3 comments:

  1. Amen to this, Sarah! Annalyse sure is adorable, and these pictures ar darling! But how much more beautiful that she be wise, obedient to the Lord & humble. I pray these verses for my own children often, as well...though I am realizing not nearly often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I have told several people about how stinkin cute your daughter was on Sunday in this "Blythe" dress - all sweet with her hands in her pocket!!! :-) Amy was talking about it on the way home...how cute she is!
    Love these words...praying them over my daughters (and sons) as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...I LOVE these verses! What a great post and what a darling little girl! Annalyse is getting so BIG!

    ReplyDelete