Monday, December 24, 2012

Thankful With Love

I'm thankful God gave me a little girl. She's feisty. She's independent. And she's mine and I love her.
I'm thankful God gave me two little men. Close in age and bestest friends. They're active. They're loud. Always loud. And they're mine and I love them.
I'm thankful God gave my kids an "adoptive uncle." Mr. Sean plays. He laughs. He creates. He listens. He cares. And he does all those things with my kids and I love him for it.
I'm thankful God gave me a husband. A handsome man. A godly man. And he's mine forever and ever because he looks me in the eye regularly and promises to love me until God calls him home. I am his and he is mine.

I'm thankful God gave me a home. A warm home. A livable home. Not a fancy home and not a big home. But a home that let's my family create memories. And a home that let's my family invite other people in and be loved.

I'm thankful for health. Not a great body. Not a manicured and refined look. But a healthy body that allows me to serve my family, serve my church, and serve the God I love.

I'm thankful for Christmas. Not just the traditions. Not just the glitter and laughter and memory-making. But the Savior who came. For you and for me. "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:10

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my dear, beautiful, godly, wise friend Sarah who shares her heart boldly & lives out a life that points all around her to the One we celebrate at Christmas. Wishing you & your family a joyful quiet Christmas full of traditions new & old. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second what Melanie said;) I'm thankful for you. A intentional follower of Christ, who doesn't just talk the talk, BUT daily walks the walk. You are an encouragement to all who know you:) May The Lord wrap you in His love this Christmas and bless your sweet family with peace and Joy! Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete