Friday, September 14, 2012

The Simple Things

1. Beautiful weather with sights and smells of Fall: Cool mornings and evenings, tinges of yellow on leaves, pumpkin spice lattes, and autumn spice candles. (Can I wear jeans and boots yet?)
 
2. Productive week in school and around the home: boys are tracking well with their studies; I'm getting painting and cleaning and rearranging projects done. (Sshhh - my husband has been gone this week and I initiated some changes. Let's see if he notices.)
 
3. Friends that are joyfully intentional: mothering children with severe disabilities - biological or adopted; supporting husbands with respect - when unemployed, underemployed, or making a go at something new. (Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold!)
4. Routine and schedule of a new season: return of Wednesday evening programs, women's Bible studies, and soccer practices and games. (A time and place for everything - a pattern I appreciate!)
What about you - what Simple Things did you appreciate this week?

1 comment:

  1. A friend that graciously allowed me to tag along to one of the highlights of my year!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete