I've got a few questions for you. Wanna share your thoughts? You don't have to out loud. Or, I mean, out in the open and on the screen for everyone. But I encourage you to think through some of these and answer them in your head, at least.
I've discovered that seasonal changes are a great time to reflect on what I've been doing in order to help me determine if I should keep doing those things or if I need to alter some things. A few simple questions have helped me do that - and maybe they'll help you, too.
1. Now that summer is (for most) coming to an end, what is one more must-do family activity on your list?
2. What has been your favorite memory this summer?
3. With school almost underway, what are some of your child-specific goals? Family-specific goals?
4. What have you been most thankful for this summer?
5. Between now and the insanity of November and December, what family-focused activities have you planned and set time aside for?
6. Who can you intentionally encourage/assist/serve this Fall season? How can you include your kids in that?
7. What do you need to change about your daily routine and personal habits to give God and your family your best?
8. What will you do to grow your mind and challenge your thinking this Fall?
What's that? You want my answers? Sure, I'll share them. But not until you've had some time to answer them for yourself, first.