Friday, September 23, 2011

The Simple Things

1. Fresh-baked banana bread, pumpkin bread, and chocolate chip cookies. All in the same week. Be still my rapidly-beating heart.

2. Rain. The secret was let loose long ago: I love rainy days. This week offered several and I couldn't have been cozier and happier.

3. Progress, baby step kind of progress, but still progress. Grady Lee has developed more confidence with reading. His speech therapy is coming along. Two teachers this week commented that his behavior and self-control were great. (This momma had one huge smile in her heart!)

What about you - what Simple Things did you enjoy this week?

2 comments:

  1. Well...I was kind of waiting for the low down on your hot getaway...but I guess that really wouldn't fall under "simple" things, now would it? So is that post going to be HUGE things??? Hope you had a good time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on #3! Hamilton was in his first tumbling class with the same teachers from the summer program at the park district and they commented on his improvement. I know next Thursday may be different (and that helps to keep me humble), but it is nice to be encouraged on this training/parenting walk.

    Another simple thing this week (for me) is medicine. I am not generally inclined to remember to take it and am somewhat limited during pregnancy, but this week it made the difference between functioning and not function (which, really, is that an option for a stay-at-home mom!?).

    On another note, have you all seen the new Curious George games on PBS kids? Hamilton really likes "Cows Don't Quack."

    ReplyDelete