Wednesday, July 27, 2011

10 Months!

Today marks 10 months - 10 wonderful months - since you joined our family, Miss Annalyse. And, what a busy month of growth and discovery it's been!
You are moving all the time. Pulling. Cruising. Standing. Crawling. Climbing. Rolling. All day long!
You have decided that finger foods are wonderful and you can't get enough of them. Pass the blueberries, bananas, strawberries, and cheese especially. I'm crossing my fingers that your one year well-visit has you higher than the 10% for weight.
You cruise along furniture but don't have great balance without holding on to something. Obvious as it is, you haven't realized that yet and have some nice head bumps and cheek bruises to prove it. I keep telling you there's no rush to walk, but I think you see your brothers dashing in and out of the room and are curious what they're up to.
Some highlights from this month: You enjoyed your first plane ride and made lots of new friends. You relished being the center of attention at Grandpa and Grandma's house for a few days. You splash and play in the pool several times a week, and even though I lather you up in sunscreen, you still have the faintest tan lines on your back. You say "ma ma" and "uh oh" and I know you know what you're saying - they're not just sounds. You like to wave bye-bye, though you usually think to do it several minutes after we've actually left someone. You can clap and also lift your arms high for So Big. And, last but not least, your top two teeth are fully through and you are much happier because of that!
You take a good morning and afternoon nap and sleep from 7:00 pm to 7:00 am each night. You're still in a size three diaper, and I think you'll be there for a long time yet. You wear 9-12 month clothes, but anything with a waist slides right off you. Narrow feet and long toes - I'm hoping some of your oodles of cute shoes will actually fit you soon.
Annalyse Joy, can you do me a favor? Slow down just a tad. I'm relishing each day and in no hurry for your first birthday to come. Please, can you do that?

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post! I can't believe how fast she has grown, what a beautiful little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW---TEN months already! I can't believe it!

    ReplyDelete