Friday, April 29, 2011

The Simple Things

I was able to reconnect with one of my college besties this week. She was in town for a fast visit while on her way home from a family vacation in Florida. 

People used to say we looked enough alike that we could be sisters. What do you think? I know, I know, my pasty and pale skin next to her golden brown tan make it difficult to decide if we look alike. But what are the odds that we'd both wear black? And both still have semi-long hair? 

Side note: In college, we had an "open closet policy" with each other. She could rummage anything she wanted out of my closet to borrow and I could do likewise. I'm pretty sure I was in her closet a lot more than she was in mine.
She has four little darlings and is also a homeschooling mom. She is madly in love with her husband, places a high priority on her church and its ministries, and is really intentional in how she parents.

I love reconnecting with old friends and seeing passion and devotion in life for what really matters. It thrills my heart that 10 years after graduation, we can pick up where we left off (even if there are now seven kids to talk over) and that we can share honest communication because we know we still share a similar value system.
The  Simple Thing this week? Seeing, talking, and laughing with a wonderful friend. And, for a short three hours feeling like I was still young and cool and in college again... until I packed up my kids and loaded the mini van and she packed up her kids and loaded a suburban. A few things have changed since dorm life together.
What about you? What Simple Thing did you enjoy this week?

2 comments:

  1. How fantastic to reconnect with a dear old friend! I love it! And what precious families you both have now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend and I were just talking about how we are going to be doing this in a few years. Crazy how time flies!

    ReplyDelete