Friday, February 18, 2011

The Simple Things

I have played phone tag, and email tag, and Face Book tag, and practically real-life tag with a friend over the past couple of months. She, being thoughtful and sweet, had a gift for Annalyse and we'd been trying to arrange a time to meet.
Although we attend the same church, have kids in the same class, and are in a Bible study on Tuesdays, we still found it almost impossible to connect. Until Wednesday evening. Finally!

Despite being sick; despite being pregnant herself; despite working full time; and despite having three kids of her own to manage, she still found time (actually, made time) to put a beautiful blanket together for Annalyse.
This Simple Thing touched my heart. I know how much I value my "free" time, my "personal" time, my "kids-aren't-here-so-I-have-a-few-minutes-to-breathe" time. The fact that she took time to make this for my baby girl touched my heart.
And, judging by the first few drool drips and wiggles and giggly-cooing that happened here, I think this blanket is in it for the long haul.

What about you - what Simple Thing did you enjoy this week?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, what a precious & thoughtful gift! The blanket is beautiful & it sure looks like Annalyse loves it!

    ReplyDelete