This morning was a sad one: Grandma boarded a plane and flew home. But, she will, thankfully, be back for a week later this month. Since I still can't walk much or lift anything, her help this past week was absolutely needed.
- Laundry washed, folded, ironed, put away: Check
- Floors mopped and vacuumed: Check
- Bathrooms cleaned: Check
- Fridge, pantry, and cupboards stocked: Check
- Entire house dusted (including ceiling fans!): Check
- Baked apple crisp and apple bread: Check
- Handled all meals and dishes each day: Check
- Timed and delivered all pain meds to a usually sleeping me: Check
And, in her "free time," she managed to keep two very active and very loud boys busy.
I'm pretty sure the highlight of Grandma's visit, for the boys at least, was the new "big boy bikes" that Grandpa and Grandma gave them.
Lucky Grandma got to trot up and down the sidewalk helping the boys stay on course until they got the hang of it.
A friend gave the boys crayons and water colors for the bath. Heaven knows I certainly don't have the ability (or patience!) right now to clean up after the bath time fun. But, thanks to Grandma the boys colored in the tub for a good hour and she had everything returned to white soon after.
She also came prepared for some fun crafts in case it rained - which it did, so this was perfect.
And, in the evenings when the house was quiet and things were picked up, she gave lots of love and attention to Annalyse.
Sigh... it stinks - it really, really stinks living so far from family. But, the good news is that Nana arrives this weekend to help with things and to meet her third granddaughter! (Is it Friday yet?)