Monday, October 11, 2010

A Doting Nana

Grandpa left over a week ago. Grandma left a few days ago. And Nana arrived this past weekend. What in the high heavens are my boys going to do with themselves when there are no doting grandparents to entertain and spoil them?!

Nana drove a lloonngg 10 hours to come play with the boys and help clean the house so that I can continue to rest. She greeted the (very wild and rambunctious) boys at the door and then proceeded to immediately hold and kiss and love on Annalyse.
She's been here since Friday and the cuddling hasn't stopped. The sweet Baby Girl hardly musters a teeny-tiny cry and Nana is up and at 'em to calm her. I suppose Nana's can do that - because this Momma sure does not. After all, crying is good for the lungs, right?
She, of course, brought oodles of new treasures for the boys. Although, I really don't think they are even half as interested in the gifts she brought as they are in toting the silly red gift bags all over the house and stuffing everything they can manage into them. Micah goes as far as frequently announcing, "This bag has all my favorite things and they're mine and not yours, okay?" as he clutches the super-full bag to his chest.



I haven't done a good job of peeking in on Nana playing with the boys so I haven't snapped many pictures. But, in the short time she's been here, she's played right along with them in the sandbox (for hours!) and trudged up and down the sidewalk while they ride bikes. Like I said earlier, what in the high heavens are my boys going to do with themselves when there are no doting grandparents to entertain and spoil them?!

Annalyse is changing every day, it seems. She's put on almost a pound and has certainly gotten longer. Still wearing New Born clothes, but I know it's just a few days before I can expand her wardrobe to an immense amount of 0-3 month pink and flowery stuff!

2 comments:

  1. YAY...new help has arrived!!!! What a blessing it must be having family come into town to help. It looks like your boys are enjoying their time with their sweet Nana! AND that baby girl is PRECIOUS!!!! I seriously can't wait to get my hands on her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have so much help, and that your little boys are enjoying these days with their grandparents. What a blessing : )

    ReplyDelete