Sunday, July 18, 2010

Boys Only

Saturday morning Grady took the boys for a hike. A real hike. A hike that required a backpack with snacks and drinks. A hike that required bug spray. A hike that required socks and sneakers. And, a hike that I was not invited to.

They set off to a nature preserve by the lake, just down the road from our home. The boys and I frequent the park often, but I've never done the 2+ mile hike with them. I was told Grady Lee was a fearless leader that trooped on diligently, and that Micah began to lose it after mile number one. I think my husband forgot he was hiking with a two year old.

Grady merged a few video clips together and, unless you're family, you'll probably lose interest at about the four minute mark. Actually, even if you are family you'll still likely lose interest a couple of minutes in. But, there is some great footage of a snake they encountered, and between you and me, my husband hasn't stopped talking about his "skills that would rival even the best National Geographic videographers."

3 comments:

  1. So cute...and such special times with daddy! Not sure if it's just the age or what, but Micah reminds me so much of Olivia...his voice inflection, personality, mannerisms...(not in a girly way:)...just that I can see sooo many similarities. They're definitely related and could pass for fraternal twins. :) At least I think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I saw the video of the snake "encounter" on FB & it is priceless! Just think, soon you will have girly things to do with your little one while the boys do their manly hikes & such! Yippeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! The video made Alden want to go hiking...Hmmm, might have to have a boys only hiking trip around here:-)

    ReplyDelete