Sunday, March 7, 2010

Complete and total randomness

Early Saturday morning, my Mom flew back to Michigan. Grady Lee was devastated to wake up and find her bedroom empty. "I want my Gwamma! I wuv her!"

Later that day someone came by to purchase all of Grady Lee's bedroom furniture. Can I just say, I LOVE Craigslist! I posted his furniture and in less than a week I had several inquiries and two families ready to purchase the set. My poor kid is sleeping on his mattress on the floor until the bunk beds arrive and there isn't another piece of furniture in his room. To me it looks kind of sad; to him it just means more room to wrestle and race trucks.

Saturday evening we had friends over for tea and dessert. Ever have one of those moments where you and your husband discuss the possibility of something but don't necessarily nail down the exact time and date? Yeah - Saturday morning is when I was informed that guests were coming over for dessert that evening at 7:00. I dug in my cupboards and put together an Oreo Cream Pie... only to find out one of the guests was allergic to chocolate. Good grief.

Sunday was the finale to our Annual Missions Conference. I'm not sure of the exact count, but I've heard that many accepted Christ as Savior! Sunday school involved a good-bye party, which of course meant several different desserts. In church-world it's impossible to celebrate anything without food. As I sat, minding my own business and scarfing my down my cake, someone leans over and jokes, "You must be pregnant with the way you're eating that cake!" It's true: nothing delicate and lady-like with the way I eat. And I make no apologies for it.

But, for the biggest weekend news of all: I haven't thrown up since Thursday. And that, friends, is huge news.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really behind on my blog reading, but I'm so....happy to read that your feeling better! What a blessing. I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your mom too. I know it was a HUGE help having her here. Love all the pics of the boys!!

    ReplyDelete