Friday, January 8, 2010

The Simple Things

What simple thing in my home am I thankful for this week? In a word: boys.

I know I'm a mom of two boys when I see a basket of acorns on my bookshelf. And, heaven forbid, I accidentally move the basket from its "that's-where-it-has-to-be-mom" place.


I know I'm a mom of two boys when I'm told the remote control cars belong on the kitchen counter because they "are parked and getting gas." Silly me. I actually thought the kitchen counter was for making meals - my bad.


I know I'm a mom of two boys when china plates are the backstop to a basketball hoop in my kitchen. (What?! You mean you don't have a basketball hoop in your kitchen?!) And, no fears, I'm talking about TJ Maxx kind of china.

I know I'm a mom of two boys when a collection of dinosaurs greet me when I do the laundry.

I know I'm a mom of two boys when a parade of animals is on display along each stair step. (Apparently, as I was told, they were marching to the ark in the other room.)

I know I'm a mom of two boys when cars, trucks, dinosaurs, wagons, and whistles are considered "snuggle material" for rest time on the couch.

It's the simple things - sometimes the messy, cluttery, and dirty kind of simple things - that make my heart dance with the privilege of being a mom.

What simple things make your heart dance?

1 comment:

  1. As a mom of girls....pink dryer lint brings a smile to my face!!

    ReplyDelete