Thursday, January 7, 2010

A Generation United for His Renown

Ever seen 22 thousand people sing with all their hearts to the God of the universe? Ever watched a 22 year old man thrown his hands in the air, lift his face toward heaven, and sob because he is gripped by the greatness of God? Ever rejoiced because the Truth finally clicks and a young woman gets that living for God and his glory is really all that matters? Ever listened to honest, pure, and intense prayers from college students as they plead with God to show them how to make Him famous? Ever walked the streets of Atlanta with 22 thousand people in complete silence because everyone was so overwhelmed by the concept that God's glory is all that matters?

Passion 2010. Impossible to put into words what God did in the lives of 22 thousand people. January 2-5, 2010 has gone down as a critical marker for changing the direction of many hearts and minds.

"Yes, Lord, walking in the way of Your Truth, we wait eagerly for You, Your name and Your renown are the desire of our souls." Isaiah 26:8

Awaken! Trade in the small things of life for the big things of eternity! (Louie Giglio)

God has a will for my life and a plan to fulfill that will. He will equip me by preparing, adjusting, repairing, and filling me. (Beth Moore)

When I get a glimpse of who God really is, it's impossible to read is Word without trembling! (Francis Chan)


It never makes sense to do something until I first know who I want to be. Talent, education, relationships, etc, can sweep me past what my character can maintain. Success = what I want said about me at my funeral. (Andy Stanley)


There is no greater happiness than following God's trajectory. I exist to know God; the ministry I do is an overflow of seeking and following God. (Ben Stuart)


God's God-centeredness is a test of my God-centeredness. Do I love when God tells me to love him most? The capstone of joy comes from putting myself in the presence of magnificence. Praise is the completion of pleasure in something. (John Piper)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a WONDERFUL weekend! Wow, to God be the glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears...yes, tears! I am so thrilled you got to go, Sarah! I know it makes a world of difference for them to have you there! Love those kids...glad they were with you all!!! SO glad that God made His presence known! Awesome!(Still very jealous...I know...not godly!)

    ReplyDelete