Friday, May 12, 2017

Morning at the Gardens

Periodically throughout the year, we enjoy visiting the botanical gardens to explore. Each season has unique colors and smells and displays. Since we're on summer break I suggested we take a morning to walk around and enjoy the gardens before the heat of summer arrives.

It's no secret my kids are strange. (Aren't all kids?) It's no surprise my kids are loud. (Lucky you if yours aren't.) And it goes without saying that my kids operate to the beat of their own drum. (Quite the symphony over here.)

So, obviously a trip to the gardens means a couple of hours scaling walls and creating ninja warrior obstacle courses...
Catching critters - from flower beds, from fountains, from fences, and from other places I'm sure raised an eyebrow or two from garden workers...
Smelling and observing flowers, but only those that were convenient to the merry-go-round or in close proximity to a fountain because why else would we stop to observe BEAUTIFUL colors and shapes and smells (?!)...
Posing with mirrors and comparing exaggerated muscles... 
Splashing in and running through fountains, and then laying out on the walkways to dry off and warm up...  

  Enjoying snow cones to rejuvenate from all the "walking and learning when it was hot outside."
Like I said: we're a strange and loud bunch. But I make no apologies.

No comments:

Post a Comment