Sunday, February 7, 2016

Micah Man Turns EIGHT

So long to seven - hello to EIGHT! 

Good thing that despite each year this kid adds to his life, I'm staying just as young and energetic and calm and patient as I was when I discovered Micah was joining our family. Except for all the many moments I am not.
Except for the occasional gray hair I find. And that is 100 percent because of the constant run of injuries this boy sustains, the way-above-my-head logic he employs, and the uncanny ability he has to find and wear dirt (or food) at any moment of the day no matter where he is.

This handsome guy wanted to play laser tag, go bowling, eat spaghetti and meatballs, and enjoy Star Wars cake for his birthday. You mean not a party with lots of other kids? No extra planning, cleaning, arranging, cooking, and preparing? Done deal, Micah, your wish is my command.
You are a gifted guy, Micah. God blessed you with talents and abilities that clearly stand out and it's a joy to watch you grow them and develop them. But, if I'm honest, it makes my mamma heart beat fast because I anticipate the "what ifs" if you choose self over others, pride over service, and laziness over fortitude. 
You've read Psalm 1 and you've memorized it, but I pray you decisively choose to believe it and act upon it. Always.
Psalm 1

"Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sin in the company of mockers,

But whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.

That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither - whatever they do prospers.

Not so the wicked! They are life chaff that the wind blows away.

Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

For the Lord watches over the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked leads to destruction."

1 comment:

  1. The cake is so unbelievably cool! It would be cool to eat darth vader:)

    ReplyDelete