Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Jaxton Isaac: Nine Months

Jax, you are busy. All the time. 

You are moving. All the time. 

You are exploring. All the time. 

And, guess what? I have to be on my toes all the time now. I have to use the eyes in the back of my head all the time now. I have to be in constant-clean-up-mode all the time now. 
You are an adorable mess of drooly curiosity! The second a cupboard or a drawer opens, you kick it into high gear in an effort to get at it. The minute one of your siblings pull out a game or a box of toys you have laser focus to get to it. Baby toys? Teethers? Lights and noises and buttons to push? Totally boring and so-last-month in your opinion. You are all about touching whatever anyone else is touching.
This month you've perfected the art of speed crawling and are making attempts to let go of things while standing. After a few seconds on your feet you topple over, but I know walking is imminent. And, for the record, I'm not excited about that.
You still seem to be a good eater and enjoy most all fruits, veggies, and meats. You unsure about pasta, but usually roll it around in your mouth for a while before deciding if you'll swallow it or spit it out.

Cheerios. Oh my goodness, the Cheerios. It was love at first taste for you.

You've decided you want nothing to do with a bottle anymore and haven't figured out how to use a sippy cup quite yet. For now, you seem to think a bottle and a sippy cup are just good teethers.
Your nine month well-visit showed you weighing 16.5 pounds (3%) and measuring 25.5 inches (10%). Buddy, you are teeny-tiny! The pediatrician isn't necessarily concerned, yet, but has given me a strict diet for you that is high in protein and calories. We'll go in for a weight check in six weeks and hope for some weight gain. During your well-visit you were nonstop movement and I think your high energy helped the doctor see that even if you do eat well, you quickly burn the calories you take in.

Jax, your smile melts me every time. Your easygoing personality is a delight. Your playfulness is darling. You are simply precious and I am simply relishing the chance to watch you grown. I love you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment