Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Birthday Love

So my birthday was a couple of weeks ago. And my husband was beyond amazing in giving me a special day.

Sleep. That was the biggest and bestest gift. He suggested that I stay home from church and sleep. The kids would be gone so the house would be quiet, and Jax usually takes a two hour morning nap anyway. Since Jax had a cold and wasn't sleeping well, it took me a nanosecond to agree and get back in bed. 

Donuts. Love me fresh donuts. Especially love cream filled long john donuts. And especially love cream filled long john donuts with a hot cup of coffee. My handsome man walked in the door after church with fresh donuts and then proceeded to give me...

Coffee. A Keurig coffee maker. It was love at first sight and I've been head-over-heels ever since. Gone are the days of a freshly brewed pot in the morning that I then microwave throughout the day. A hot cup of coffee is mine with the quick push of a button.

My kids showered me with simple gifts, too. Grady Lee purchased some Peeps, the best Easter candy aside from chocolate. Micah crafted a unique birthday card with purple flowers picked from yards around the neighborhood. And Annalyse used my birthday as a reminder for what kind of cake she wants at her next birthday and what friends she wants to come over. Jax? He slept. A lot. He knows how to show some birthday love!
While all these gifts were wonderful and sincerely appreciated, I can honestly say the best birthday gift was the simple reminder that my husband loves me. Each and every day he chooses to serve me, respect me, appreciate me, provide for me, and value me. He has my back - willing to take my weaknesses and faults and patiently coach me in a direction to improve and overcome. He is faithful me to me - in his words, with his actions, and through his uncompromising commitment.  

He leads me with confident expectation. He serves me with genuine humility. He gives to me with a generous heart. He provides for me with an ethic of integrity. 

So my birthday was a couple of weeks ago. And my husband was beyond amazing in giving me a special day. But really, my husband is beyond amazing in giving me special days all year long because he has promised himself to me for as long as God allows.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had such a special birthday! Okay, so I LOVE my Keurig too!!!! I will have to share with you some amazing flavors :) And Peeps? Peeps are my absolute favorite!!!!! Happy Birthday! We sure do miss the Peeler's. We need to get together for coffee :)

    ReplyDelete