Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Oh My

It's January 2nd. I haven't posted since December 19th. Life has been a little on the busy side.

Christmas - the much anticipated and much planned for celebration. With three very excited kids.

My parents visited for a week. My mom in law visited for a weekend.

Micah had a birthday and is now a big six-year old.

Two kids had a 24-hour stomach bug.

Oh yeah. And that baby you've asked about? He's here. In our home. A part of our family. In my arms.
I've got hundreds of pictures to sort through and organize, and many that I can't wait to share. But for now, I'm working on getting back to handling the simple tasks in life as I recover from a c-section. (The fourth time did not prove to be a charm.)

And our new little man, whom I'll officially introduce sometime soon, has enjoyed heel pricks for blood draws every 48 hours as he flushes a minor case of jaundice out of his system. Handsome though he is, I'm anxious for the yellow coloring to disappear so that he's healthy, eating steadily, and beginning to open those dark eyes to see the world around him.

In the meantime, thank you for your notes, calls, gifts, meals, and prayers. You are appreciated more than you know. I plan to share more soon - come on back, kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment