Sunday, April 21, 2013

Living Life

Blogging has been slow lately. Sorry. But, that's because life has not been slow lately. 

So many things happening - and happening at the same time. Relationships to navigate. Situations to manage. Commitments to follow through on. Decisions to make. So much to bring before God in constant prayer. 
Today I was reminded of some important perspective about doing this day-in and day-out thing we call "living life." Ecclesiastes 12:13 says, "Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man."

Yes, my relationships are important. Yes, the details of making decisions are important. And yes, all the ups and downs and rights and lefts that happen in any given day are important. It's all important because it's all a part of God's greater plan. 

But even though all these things are important, they aren't for me to reconcile or perfect or restore or bring to completion. My purpose is to love God supremely by obeying Him fully so that He is magnified greatly. 
I'm learning that, really, my daily life is all about worship. I must obey as an act of worship. I must choose faith in the unknown as an act of worship. I must seek to relate to others honestly as an act of worship. I aim to make the most of each day as an act of worship to a God who graciously gave me the opportunity to even wake up.

Worship is me recognizing that God is God and I am not. 

Worship happens when I choose to view today through the lens of eternity and realize that when everything I know and everyone I know is gone, God is still God. And His purposes prevail and His promises are certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment