Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Zippity-Do-Dah, Zippity-Day...

... and my oh my, what a wonderful day it was!

My mom-in-law was visiting this past weekend and she and I enjoyed 1,123 foot zipline at the US National Whitewater Center. We zipped and yelled for a fast minute as we whizzed over whitewater rapids and past Grady and my kids. 
Our family has always enjoyed visiting the Whitewater Center to hike or to watch others enjoy the rapids and other outdoor activities, but this time we opted to give something a try. Grady has rafted and done the high ropes course as a team building event with work colleagues and was gracious enough to offer me the chance to zip this time. (Thanks, Babe!)
And, speaking of my handsome husband, here's a quick video clip he managed to take... while also trying to take pics and while also keeping three kids away from the edge of the water. Yes, yes, that is me screaming hi to my kids. I have no shame - none.
I don't know about you, but I don't think there are too many Nana's willing to zipline for the mere fun of it. I'm thankful my MIL has some spunk in her and is willing to try new things. And, I'm thankful my kids get to see their Nana enjoy life! 

2 comments:

  1. YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!! Whoo hooo!! So glad you finally got the chance to zip line! Ha...maybe a future bday present??? Huh? You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! So what's next on the adventure list? Bungee jumping? Sky diving? ;)

    ReplyDelete