Monday, November 5, 2012

Intentional Thanks

"Shout to the LORD, all the earth.
Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations."

- Psalm 100

I live with so much: I own so much and I know so much. But yet, too often, my worship is so little.

I dare not enter his gates with anything less than thanks for all he has given me. I dare not enter his courts with anything less than praise for all he has done for me. And, because I recognize my very breath is a gift of grace from a God who created me, I dare not offer anything short of glad and joyful worship.

True worship of my Lord is costly. It has to be.

3 comments:

  1. thank you for this. needed to read on a day when we received hard news. and btw, love you leaf tree!!! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful thankful tree & even more beautiful words! Thanks, Sarah, for always encouraging & pointing towards Him!

    ReplyDelete