Saturday, November 17, 2012

Blur

This week has been a blur. A total blur. Remind me, what month are we in? I haven't spun in my own bubble of craziness so long that I've missed the Holidays, have I?

Grady spent the week in California. I spent the weekend away with girlfriends. Translation: we haven't had a face-to-face conversation yet this week and I miss my man.

I'm supposed to be with some fun college students running around the city on a video scavenger hunt this evening. Oh-so-conveniently, however, I began with body aches and chills after my weekend away with friends. So, yes, the babysitter arrived promptly at 4:00 and she greeted me in my bed as I told her I didn't need her anymore and that I was forever sorry for cancelling on her last minute. And, yes, Grady is out having fun and I'm sure I'll hear the details soon and I'll have to pretend that I'm so excited he got to go even though I didn't. And yes, I'm about to soak in a hot bath and head to bed. 
 And yes, we leave early tomorrow morning for a week away.

No, you're not crazy - we have been here, there, and everywhere over the last few months. Yes, we may be crazy - but we're all about the experience and the memory and the family-togetherness opportunities when they come.
I know I'm not the only one who is busy. We all are. I know I'm not the only one who gets tired. We all do. But you know what? We have a wonderful  opportunity to stop everything - everything - this week and enjoy family or friends and say thank you. I don't know about you, but after a whirlwind kind of week, I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving Day.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your "To-Do" list got done, that you're feeling better, and that you're having fun on another VACATION!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I can totally relate to the blur! Hope that you guys had safe travels & that you are feeling much better! Here's to enduring the blur to make wonderful family memories!! Oh, and I love these DARLING pics of the kids! Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!

    ReplyDelete