Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Micah Man

My Micah Man is four years old today. Four. The calendar says four years but my heart feels like barely two years. Weren't you just a tiny bundle content to lay in my arms? And weren't you just a little guy happy to walk holding my pinky?
Micah David, you are one in a million trillion bazillion. There is no one else like you. You've got a sense of humor all your own. You walk to the beat of your own drum, which, by the way, is usually a very slow walk. You talk about things and wonder about things I don't think other four years olds think about.
Micah David, you are handsome. You are witty. You are curious. You are active. You are busy. You are creative. You are learning. You are growing. You are maturing. You are discovering. You are choosing to love Jesus.
Micah David, you are the bestest younger brother Grady Lee could ever have. In fact, if he could write a specific wishlist to Jesus for what he wanted and needed in a brother, it would be exactly you. You are his best friend and you are his biggest encourager. He needs you and he loves you and my heart 
swells with pride to watch you help him.
Micah David, you are the perfect big brother for Annalyse. You play with her. You help her. You make her laugh. You protect her. You care for her. You pray for her. You talk tender to her. You hug her - lots! You treat her special. And I think she just may have you wrapped around her finger.
Micah David, you are the perfect little man for our family. You are the Micah Man. And, for all the tough-stuff, four-year old maturity you have, you are, indeed, a man in the making! Kicking, running, throwing, jumping, crashing, shooting, roaring, hammering, climbing - that's you. That's the Micah Man we love so much!
Micah David, you are becoming somebody and going places that will radically impact your circle of influence in powerful ways. God has plans that you can't begin to imagine. God has gifted you with abilities to take you far. I pray you will love Him most. I pray you will seek Him first. I pray you will choose Him always.
Happy Fourth Birthday Micah Man! I love you and am proud of you and am happy you are my little man!

5 comments:

  1. I love ya' little buddy! You are so much fun, so original, and such a little stud. I'm super proud of you. You're my awesome son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Micah! We miss you! You're definitely one handsome little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Micah!!! Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday sweet guy! I can not believe you are four already! Growing up so super fast! Glad that your Mommy has such a sweet lil guy to converse with! And you are very blessed to have such godly, loving parents! Hope your day is super special!!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, beautiful words expressing a special love for a special 4 year old!! What a precious gift he is to your family! Happy Birthday to your Micah Man! Hope that you guys have a wonderful day celebrating! I also can't believe it has been 4 years!!! God bless your sweet Micah!

    ReplyDelete