Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm a Delinquent - But Don't Yell At Me

I've been a delinquent blogger lately, I know. It's not because there isn't anything to say or show. It's not because I haven't had time. It's just because I'm lazy. Plain old lazy. And, just in case you've forgotten, Baby Girl comes in EIGHT days so my thoughts have been elsewhere.

My boys keep me running - all the time. If someone isn't hurt, then something else is probably broken. If someone isn't crying, then something else is probably being destroyed. I'm not complaining - just sayin'.

What? Your kids don't use tools to hammer and saw and drill the sidewalk? Ppffsh... in our home this is totally normal.


This little guy was put in a time-out the other day, and emerged, without permission I might add, wearing Daddy's hat and using his toy jackhammer. Seriously, if you're going to be naughty and get a time-out, can you please not look so stinking cute?!

Saturday mornings are spent on the soccer field. I love the cool air and the excitement of hundreds of people coming to support their kiddos run and play. Grady Lee has certainly mastered the art of pouting and whining when he doesn't get his way, but each week we're seeing small (emphasis on the small) areas of improvement.


Like usual, we've got the arts & crafts bin open once or twice a week. Since we're learning about creation and all God made, the boys had fun painting a lizard and a snake. They were both sure to remind me again and again that "even though God made snakes we don't ever touch them because sometimes they're not nice and will bite us." Since I've seen a couple of Copperheads in the backyard, I'm glad they remember this rule.





Throw in several church-related activities, the joys of housework, and the still-hasn't-left-me-pregnancy-nausea (Friday morning in the library parking lot was the place of choice for my upset stomach this week), and you're all caught up on my life.

But, more exciting things to come soon: stay tuned for many pics with pink and bows!

3 comments:

  1. Such a CUTE post and what adorable boys!!!!

    Hang in there girl!!! It won't be long and you will holding that sweet little girl in your arms!

    I know I can't wait to hear your news!!!~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah, bless your heart! I'm so sorry that you are still throwing up!
    Your boys are TOO cute & at least you practice safety with power tools at home...I see the boys are wearing their Safety Goggles!
    Counting down the days until baby girl!
    (And I promise we will get that freezer out of your garage ASAP! Jeff came down with something yesterday & was home sick half of the day today...so now he's trying to catch-up at work!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so intentional with your boys - that inspires me! You asked about where I live - we live in Ohio about 40 minutes from Cedarville. We love our backyard b/c there is farm land behind us. Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time before they start building there as well :(

    ReplyDelete